Work & Rates
Let’s get this out of the way: I am nowhere near the cheapest writer. But I am one of the few writers with the chops to work with the C-suite, who drives projects to completion, who understands tech, finance, and emerging businesses and can translate this into convincing copy. This helps clients maximize their budgets and publish content they’re proud of.
What's a white paper?
White papers provide in-depth study on a specific business or technical problem, while also framing a solution. An effective white paper is equal parts practical and educational content used to generate leads, nurture prospects, and build mind share. The best ones are tailor-made for a target audience at a specific place in the sales funnel.
Ineffective white papers are thinly veiled sales pitches. But effective ones bring authoritative evidence and logical arguments to boost a company’s credibility.
White papers are a marketer’s most versatile tool; they can be parsed into blogs, teased on social media, and re-purposed into webinars or sales decks.
What does a white paper cost?
The white paper experience includes:
- Kick-off meeting to discuss business goals, audience targeting, keywords and topic/theme
- Early-stage outline (our ‘true north’ guiding document to ensure alignment)
- Primary research (internal interview(s) and company content)
- Secondary research
- Draft of an 8-12 page, content only, paper
- 1-2 rounds of revisions
- Design or other associated work (e.g., turning white paper into blog posts or sales one-pagers) is quoted separately
What's a case study?
Case studies capture your customers’ experiences and results. Because social proof drives buyer behavior, it’s critical for companies to share stories of doing business together. The best case studies “connect the dots” for prospects. Prospects can see themselves – and their problems – in your story narrative. A typical case study is two to four well-designed pages. I bring journalism-quality writing and interviewing skills to create engaging, effective customer stories.
What does a case study cost?
The case study package includes:
- Kick-off meeting to discuss goals, audience targeting and service highlights
- Interview question prep and interviewing (either with you, or your client)
- Interview recording and transcription for quality assurance
- Draft of narrative-style case study
- 1-2 rounds of revisions
- Design or other associated work is quoted separately
Budget range: $1,800 – $2,500
Blogs, Articles & Other
Misc. content types
Here is a list of other common content types. These projects vary based on complexity, timing, and research scope.
- Blogs and articles (~800 to 1,200 words) – $850 – $1,000
- Press Releases – $450-$600
- Startup or fundraising Pitch Deck (with modern design) – begins at $2,500
- Content Polishing (re-write or improve existing copy) – Contact me